Saturday, May 14, 2011

My Testimony

I spent most of my life in church.  If the doors were open I was there...until I turned 18.  The circle of friends I chose during that period of my life were lost and I let them influence me and my way of living.  Thankfully, those days were short lived but during that season I made choices and did things that I am not proud of.

In October of 1999, I had a life changing experience.  I encountered death and by the Grace of God, I am here today.  Four days later, as I lay awake afraid to close my eyes, I read my Bible.  The Lord spoke into my heart and gave me Psalm 56:13: "For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, so that I may walk before the Lord in the light of life."  It was at that moment I know God had a divine purpose for my life.

On April 10, 2009 I gave my life to the Lord...completely and fully.  God has blessed me beyond measure during the past 34 years.  Even when I didn't deserve it, and don't deserve it still, God remained faithful to me.  He has never left my side and He never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment