Monday, May 16, 2011

The Journey Begins

Six weeks after the birth of my daughter, I went to the doctor for my routine post-par-tum check up.  "Looks good!"  One week later I recieved the call that everything didn't look so good.  The results had come back abnormal. The nurse on the other end informed me that she already had a biopsy scheduled.  Four weeks and 2 procedures later...cancer!  How could this be happening?  I was perfectly healthy; and had been going to see a GYN since I was 18 and had NEVER had an abnormal pap...NEVER!!  Not even 9 months earlier at the onset of my pregnancy.  Are you sure?  "Yes, we are sure and we are sending you to see an oncologist on Monday @ 8 am...be there!  He is coming in before his office opens to see you."  WOW!!I

By the end of December 2006, 2 doctors & 3 surgeries later, I was cancer free.  I am extremely blessed that it (cervical cancer) was found early because I did not have to have any alternative treatments.  This, however, was just the beginning of a very long journey...a journey that ultimately brought me closer to God.

2 comments:

  1. Keri~
    I've enjoyed reading your posts. Thank you for pouring your heart out and sharing! I'm looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K-

    I don't know if I've ever really told you this, but your story and your example (in marriage and family) inspires me. We both know that not many people could put up with a brother like me, but your message and example give me faith, and I'm really thankful to have a sister as wonderful and brave as you.

    We've never been the sappy mushy type, but I thought you should know that you're getting through to me.

    Love ya,

    B

    ReplyDelete